Oh boy. Today is a big day in history. We sold my beloved Loretta. She was the first car I had that was all mine, Mooder gave her to me my freshman year of college I think it was? Anyway Loretta and I have a lot of history, most of it being issues she had, like a week after we got her her transmission broke one early Saturday morning and Glennifer had to come push us to safety. Or that one time I got a flat tire at the UC Merced swimming pool because I was so excited to show Michael my stomping grounds, I forgot to watch the road and hit a parking bump. Probably 7 times out of 10, she wouldn't start just for the heck of it. We took it to several shops and they had no idea why she wouldn't start. That was fun.
After these and many more wonderful experiences, Loretta has moved on to someone else. We listed her on KSL this morning around 10 am and she was no longer ours by 3 pm. It was a super stressful but easy experience, I am still shocked she went so fast, so I took a trip down memory lane.
Like the very first day I drove her, that day being the third day of me knowing how to drive stick, we took her up to Squaw Peak. For those of you who know that road, it is super super steep and not the best place for a girl who sucked at driving stick at the time. The on lookers outside of the car were very entertained.
She was the transport for many a girls night, mostly because I am a control freak and hate being in the car when other people drive.
When Carlie, Michael, and I went on a road trip to California for Jon's FIND workshop, pretty sure her air conditioning died while going up a hill in San Fransisco. It was a hot, stinky car ride back.
Her sunroof was magical. I loved driving around with all of her windows down and the sun roof opened. That is the only way one can enjoy the Alpine Loop properly.
Many a girl was locked up in her trunk for different kidnapping escapades.
There was this one time that I went to Brady Hafen's house so we could listen to him open up his mission call or something. I parked Loretta and went inside for about 20 minutes. When I walked outside to go to my car, she was not where I had left her. 5 minutes later we saw her at the bottom of the hill in someones yard! Luckily there wasn't any damage done to the yard or house, and thankfully no one was hurt. Loretta did loose her bumper that night that I am pretty sure hung out in the trunk for a year or so before I finally threw it away.
As you can tell, Loretta was a great car. NOT. I loved her though. She was fast and speedy, and yes, her speediness got me into trouble many a time, one year so much that I got about 5 speeding tickets and had to take a defensive driving course in order to clear my record and keep my license. Had I gotten one more ticket, I would have had my license revoked. What can I say, she was fun to drive. I told the man who bought her today, who is a man that totally took advantage of the deal we offered and is so going to try and resell her for a greater profit, I told him that her name was Loretta and he should take care of her. He laughed, and not in a good way. It made me sad to part with her, but now on to a better, more reliable car.
Being a grown up is just so much fun isn't it?









2 comments:
AHHH! I miss her already!! I didnt even get to say goodbye........
I know right? I will miss her waffle smell too!
Post a Comment