I got my internship! I interviewed last month for a program with United Way called Help Me Grow that is just such a cool program and I am so excited to be able to work there!
This shows a little bit more about it.
BENDICIONES!
Michael and I have been praying for weeks that I would be able to get this internship. I was five minutes late for my interview, which NEVER happens. Growing up, if you weren't where you were supposed to be 10 minutes before it started, you were late. So, you can imagine the stress I felt as I was getting ready. Thinking I still had an hour to get to downtown Provo, after finishing my hair, giving myself a pep talk, listening to my husband give me a pep talk, I was taking my sweet old time. Then my alarm on my phone went off telling me I had five minutes to do all of those things! DAH!
After rushing to get somewhat presentable, I got into the car, sped like no other, and was still five minutes late. UGH. Not a fun feeling. The interview went great though! I didn't even turn red which is the norm for me whenever I am the center of attention or under stress. BENDICIONES! The lady interviewing me was totally awesome. She has worked with Camille with some Women in Philanthropy stuff in the past. Her name is Barbara L. and is a combo of Nese Capron, Cindy Tanner, and Mimi Larsen all in one. For you who know those women, you can only imagine how cool this lady was! BENDICIONES!
The interview went swell. BENDICIONES! I was comfortable and calm. BENDICIONES! Michael and I got to hang out after the interview and he was so supportive and awesome. BENDICIONES!
Then the waiting began. This turned into the longest thing ever and so annoying to me. During the wait though, Michael and I were able to pray about it and it was so comforting. BENDICIONES! Heavenly Father has taught us so much through this experience. BENDICIONES! BENDICIONES! BENDICIONES!
Side note: Bendiciones is blessings in Spanish and is my favorite word.
This shows a little bit more about it.
BENDICIONES!
Michael and I have been praying for weeks that I would be able to get this internship. I was five minutes late for my interview, which NEVER happens. Growing up, if you weren't where you were supposed to be 10 minutes before it started, you were late. So, you can imagine the stress I felt as I was getting ready. Thinking I still had an hour to get to downtown Provo, after finishing my hair, giving myself a pep talk, listening to my husband give me a pep talk, I was taking my sweet old time. Then my alarm on my phone went off telling me I had five minutes to do all of those things! DAH!
After rushing to get somewhat presentable, I got into the car, sped like no other, and was still five minutes late. UGH. Not a fun feeling. The interview went great though! I didn't even turn red which is the norm for me whenever I am the center of attention or under stress. BENDICIONES! The lady interviewing me was totally awesome. She has worked with Camille with some Women in Philanthropy stuff in the past. Her name is Barbara L. and is a combo of Nese Capron, Cindy Tanner, and Mimi Larsen all in one. For you who know those women, you can only imagine how cool this lady was! BENDICIONES!
The interview went swell. BENDICIONES! I was comfortable and calm. BENDICIONES! Michael and I got to hang out after the interview and he was so supportive and awesome. BENDICIONES!
Then the waiting began. This turned into the longest thing ever and so annoying to me. During the wait though, Michael and I were able to pray about it and it was so comforting. BENDICIONES! Heavenly Father has taught us so much through this experience. BENDICIONES! BENDICIONES! BENDICIONES!
Side note: Bendiciones is blessings in Spanish and is my favorite word.
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I grew up in the same house as you and I have *never* felt the kind of stress you feel about being late. I'm not sure why that is.
That is because you were *always* on time.
Post a Comment