This is my Mooder. She is one of my best friends. I love her so much and am so grateful that her and I were able to grow and mature together through some really, really tough times in life. She has always been such an example to me of hard work and diligence, and I may have learned how to procrastinate from her as well. You may think that is a bad thing, but in our family it is not. Even if you are down to the last minute of something being due, you always get it done and you know that you gave it 100%. She taught me how to be a Davis girl, which I will always be at heart even if I got married and took a new name that now I have to make a pretty signature for which will probably never happen. I can tell my mom anything which is pretty dang cool if you ask me. I am pretty much an opened book with her and was most of the time during high school as well. I was so lucky to have such an open and honest relationship with the woman who gave so much up to raise me. Mom taught me how to gain a testimony through example. She made it 100% my decision to move to Utah my senior year. I had fought her on that move for years. One day we listed the pros and cons, and then decided to fast with the family the next week. Mom and I fasted the next day by ourselves though and I knew by second period I was going to move to Utah. It was my first fasting experience where I saw the results, and looking back five years later, I am so grateful for a loving mother who would help me learn that sacred principle.
My mom is just so cool. She loves her kids so much and has always encouraged us to be the best we could be. Every morning she would make us a high protein breakfast and then send us off saying, "Make it a good day." She taught me that you can be powerful without being mean. You can love even when there is hurt. You work until the job is done. Center your life around the Savior and everything else works out. She taught me to be a woman of faith. Her motto was that faith and fear do not exist at the same time, so choose faith. I am truly so blessed to have been raised by such a remarkable woman.
Mooder, I love you. I am glad you are mine. I love you forever, I'll love you for always, As long as I'm living, My Mommy you'll be.
1 comment:
Snap Woman, you are the best. I didn't have your link at work, but I do now. Thank you for being you and loving me. Moooder
Post a Comment