Friday, June 28, 2013

On My Mind

Here are some things I have learned in the past two weeks or so, in no particular order. 
  1. Our daughter is adorable. 
  2.  Sleep is amazing and nothing tops taking naps with the wee one on your chest. 
  3. Our daughter is the BEST baby ever. She eats, sleeps, and poops. But most of all, she is happy and healthy, which is an answer to prayers. 
  4. People have lots of opinions as to how one should raise your baby. Unless I ask you for advice, I don't want to hear it. Please and Thank You. 
  5. Olivia is the cutest. 
  6. Michael is the best dad and husband. Olivia and I are blessed to have him as our main man. 
  7. I love being a mom and am enjoying the change of pace from working. 
  8. Olivia is seriously so cute. EVERYONE says so so I don't feel like I am too biased. 
  9. One day, I will own a bidet. As a part of my recovery process, I have had to use a makeshift bidet and it has been glorious.
  10. Multiple times a day, Michael and I will stop whatever it is we are doing and exclaim, "Babe, she is so perfect!" or something along those lines. We are obsessed with her. 
  11. Learning to love my body post baby is harder than I thought it would be. I feel great about the huge progress I have made without putting any effort in, but the second I have to go out in public where others can see me, I get scared and assume others are judging me and it can get depressing. Lets just say I am working on it and I am SO grateful that I was able to carry, give birth, and provide nourishment to our amazing daughter. 
  12. Olivia is adorbs. 
  13. They say it takes a village to raise a baby. I am grateful for the people who are in our village and all of their love and support as we adjust to having a baby. 
  14. Olivia is a porker. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz when she was born, dropped down to 6 lbs 5 oz when we left the hospital, got back up to 6 lbs 11 oz a few days later, and then went way up to 8 lbs 5 oz at her two week appointment. 
  15. Life is wonderful. Pray and read your scriptures. The End. 

No comments: