Friday, March 22, 2013

It's Friday Yo

Yay for Friday. I am tired and can't wait to sleep all weekend long. (I am envisioning tomorrow being a stay in bed all day kind of day, literally.)

I have been missing Merced a lot lately. Yesterday while at Costco, I swear I saw Molly Rowan's sister, and it made me miss the Rowans. Then this morning, I got an update from a friend who was in a horrible car accident a few years ago. Each day his parents post about his progress, no matter how small it may be, and their faith that their son will get better. Pregnancy hormones or not, I cry each time I read of their trust and faith in Heavenly Father. While many turn away from God during times of trial, this experience has brought them closer to Him. What a great example they are. 

We still have not heard back from any of our grad school choices. We are choosing to have faith that it will all work out instead of stressing about it. Some days are easier than others, but I am grateful for how this experience has strengthened my testimony and brought Michael and I closer together. You know how sometimes you think you love someone so much that there is absolutely no way you could love them more? Well, that ladies and gentlemen is not true. The more life experiences Michael and I have together, both happy and sad, the more and more I love him. Add me growing his baby inside of me? Geez, I could explode with love for this man. I am so grateful to have him by my side. 

Olivia is growing and growing. I am amazed at the size of my belly and try not to get depressed when I am on the scale. As long as she is happy and healthy when she is born, I couldn't care less about the changes my body have gone through (or at least that is what I have to tell myself over and over. That is easier some days than others) We had our Gestational Diabetes test this week and I cried as they drew my blood. So much for me wanting to go natural during the child birth. For some reason I think I can do that, but when it comes to needles, I am a baby. Hopefully our birthing classes next week will help me stick to my guns about having a natural birth. 



No comments: