This is my Padre. I heart him. I wanted to honor him on Father's Day, but I have been running around all day so I am a tad late but it still counts. Padre has always been my number one cheerleader, but in a manly cheerleader way, not a girly way. He has always encouraged me to be the best I could be. Growing up we would go on our weekly Saturday morning bike rides to Bear Creek in Merced. He would run next to me and the kiddos would ride their bikes. When it got too much for us, he would hold our bike seats and push us along all the way home.
After the divorce, things were hard between my Padre and I. Through time, maturity, and the Atonement, we were able to rebuild our relationship into one that I cherish the most. I am so grateful for all the lessons that my Padre has taught me through both example and guidance. I am so grateful for change and growth that happens with time. It is such a blessing that we are continually allowed to progress and improve ourselves. There maybe times where we do get stuck, but through faith and our loving Heavenly Father, we can get out of those times and use those experiences to better ourselves. BENDICIONES! Padre has been such an example of this principle to me throughout my life. He progresses everyday and I am so pleased of how far he has come.
Padre, I love you. You are such an example to me and I am where I am today because of you. Thank you for all that you do for me, my family, your children, your wife, your grandchildren, and yourself. I honor you not only on this Father's Day, but everyday.
Love,
Cate the Great

1 comment:
Indeed. I love our dad too. I forgot about the Bear Creek bike rides! I was too little for that kind of bike ride. It would have been silly if Dad had to push me all the way home. I love thinking about him pushing you and Sue. Did Collin go too?
Post a Comment